Tanbara October Festival (In Nyuugawa) 2017 🎉

by - 7:38 AM


 This October, I have challenged myself to go outside of my house and celebrate with my friends in this festival located in Nyuugawa. As many of my friends are quite aware of, I am proud to be a home person. I don't go outside as often and sometimes, I prefer being alone than mingling with people. #introvertprobs. Leaving that excuse aside, I finally got enough nerve to go on a street that's super jam packed with people, coming from different towns.

 This was actually my first time attending an omatsuri where people carry danjiri guruma along the road. Danjiri guruma is a cart made up of woods that's in a shape of a temple or a shrine. More often than not, it comes in an epic size. They also include taiko drums under it! 🥁

 Here are my tips when it comes to attending a festival or an omatsuri anywhere in Japan.

# 1  MAKE SURE TO WEAR SOMETHING COMFY AND AVOID WEARING HEELS (as much as possible, stay away from light-colored clothes and wear a practical shoe!)


 Part of the reason for why people attending the omatsuri should stay away from light-colored clothes is because foods and drinks can easily get spilled on your clothes, especially when you're in an area that's pretty crowded. There are a lot of people jugging beer, as if it's a water. It's a festival after all, so seeing drunk people is quite common. Not to mention that they might get really high and unconsciously pour the sauce in their foods over you. It's possible. Because my brother, even if he's not drunk, has poured the sauce over my dress accidentally. What a luck, right? 🙄

# 2 GO TO THE FESTIVAL WITH AN EMPTY STOMACH

 Compared to the last Tanabata Matsuri that I've been to, there are more yatai (food stands) in this festival. I can assure you that most festivals offer different festival dishes that you'll surely love. It's best to taste a bit of everything because matsuri foods are lit. 🔥

Here are two of what I ate yesterday!

CANDY APPLE STICKS 🍎



 PS, I take my words back lol. I did mention in my IG story that this candy apple stick is too sweet and too hard, but before I knew it, I finished the whole thing. Which only leads to one conclusion, I actually like it haha pardon my kaartihan/choosiness last night. ✌️

GRILLED SQUID IN A STICK 🦑



# 3 IF THERE ARE PARADES, MAKE SURE TO WATCH IT!


  It would be such a waste to go home without watching the parades. As you can see from the pictures above, people work hand in hand in carrying the danjiri guruma; you'll see their impressive team work. I vividly remember gazing at the beautiful chouchin. Make sure to take lots of pictures too, just because they're really beguiling.





#4 MY LAST TIP! : AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, DON'T GO TO FESTIVALS ALONE. TAG YOUR BESTIES AND HAVE FUN! 👭







Thanks for dropping by!

Take care,
Mata ne!

You May Also Like

0 (mga) komento