Going Through Rejections 😰

by - 7:49 PM


 I'm sure that at one point in our lives, we have fair shares of rejection stories that we may be embarrassed to share them to the whole world. Some stories are better to be kept on your own, but tonight, I decided to share my rejection stories to you. I used to feel twitchy about being rejected by people, I even get rejected by fate sometimes. There's this one time when I was rushing to get in the elevator because I had to come home quickly to do my school works and then suddenly, the world decided to shut its doors and leave me hanging on that floor. That my friend, is a simple rejection. Another story of a simple rejection that I had is when I messaged my first ever crush. Back in my vacation in the UK, I was talking to my cousin about how I badly want to message him. I was dubious at first on whether or not I should pm him because we haven't had any convo ever since I visited his house when I had my summer vacay in Japan. My cousin told me that it's better to do it than not having to do it at all. She said that having regrets are far worse than not trying anything. So I braved myself out. I messaged him. I always wonder on why I like putting myself in a situation that's very uncomfortable that may turn into a cringe-y experience later on. Well, it's good to be an asinine at times, right? Please agree with me 😅. Ok, so this is what I typed "Hi, do you remember me? I used to be your classmate in grade 1." (Cue my inner monologue) OH. MY. GOSH. I DON'T EVEN KNOW ON WHY THE HECK I DID THAT. SOMEONE, PLS SAVE ME FROM THIS EMBARASSMENT. And then *BOOM* I was seen zoned for no apparent reason. WHY!? I messaged him with my clear intention to just be friends with him. And yet I can't believe that I was rejected. He could've just said a simple hello or an effortless message that always flows out a conversation like how are you doing? These are the things that I thought back then. After 2 years of that incident, the 18 year old Yurika finally realized on why things didn't happen as she expected them to be. (Ok, back to first person pronoun) It's just simply because it was not my destiny to reconnect with him. Wow, that sounded quite serious and deep. Am I adulting? Well, I should be. I honestly didn't regret what I've done there. In fact, this leads to my another rejection story which happens to be similar to what occurred from my first crush story. I messaged this guy that I think (from my recollections) I'm getting close with. Is it creepy to tell him that I want to get to know him better? I meant as friends though. As I've moved here in Japan, I've been dying to make friends. I can't be a loner huhu. I hope he didn't think otherwise on which he probably did because I never got a reply back. Things just got awkward even when I meet him in person. But hey, I tried to be friendly even if I have an INFJ-personality type. I never learn that guys in Japan are soooo freaking torpe (is a Tagalog word for guys who can't approach their crush because they're timid). Like bakit [why] ??? Ladies and gentlemen, I still won't give up in initiating a conversation 'cause I'm brave like that and mapakal muks [thick skinned]. I have to be, or else how am I going to make friends and connections? I can't be alone for forever. No opportunities will come up if I just sit and wait for what? For nothing, because opportunities don't knock on your door if you just stare blankly and not act on anything. I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and just do it! I'm sure that you'll always learn a lesson no matter how your experience will turn out. 

 You see, rejections are something that's painful at first. It gets easier later on because you learned your lessons from them and you just let them go. We often just laugh about them because we've been through them. It's done. It's a past event that we cannot go back anymore. Things happen for a reason. You can't be a human if you haven't experienced rejections. It's part of life and I think that's what makes life even more beautiful.

Thanks for dropping by!

Take care,
Mata ne!




You May Also Like

0 (mga) komento