Japan 2015: Cycling at Shimanami Bridge

by - 3:40 AM


               Hello! Before going to Shimanami Bridge, I took a quick snapshot of my obaachan and my brother, Yuma. Look how the fava bean (also known as broad bean) has grown so big and healthy! I just love how eagerly my obaachan takes care of them. She even wakes up early in the morning to water her plants. My brother and I don't usually eat vegetables in Philippines. She made us try couple of her homemade salads; to my surprise, her salad was made to our liking. We literally ate salads everyday.


        As planned, this day was the day to get back in track and get healthy! Time to go cycling!~ 

                     

        I can't help but to feel refreshed while I was cycling. It was my first time to go cycling and I haven't ridden a bike for so long. Because in Philippines, we don't frequently use bike for transportation. We'd rather commute by jeep or tricycle. However, Japanese people are said to be fond of biking. Why? Because in any neighborhood of Japan, those of the residents who cycles (often than not) can easily access supermarkets, doctors and dentists offices, or even schools in less than 10 minutes or so. Japanese people who often opt to go cycling are mostly likely near to their target location or destination. The pros of cycling is countless. Cycling does not only reduces traffic and air pollution but can also serve as a form of exercise while having fun. It makes perfect sense right?






  
        This bridge is known as Oomishimabashi Bridge. Before passing this bridge, you will be seeing the most gorgeous Shimanami Bridge. Shimanami Kaido is a breathtaking 60 kilometer road and bridge network linking the main island of Honshu with Shikoku (the fourth largest island in Japan). It features bike and pedestrian lanes for its entire span. It was initially designed with the cyclist in mind.


           What I love about cycling is that it gives you the freedom to take a moment to stop for a photo halfway across this bridge.









          There he goes again :P





  This will be my second to the last post of our trip in Japan.

  Stay tuned for the next post!

  Odaiji ni,
  Au revoir!

You May Also Like

0 (mga) komento