Tips On How To Avoid Homesickness (When living in abroad) 💁🏻🌸

by - 1:56 AM



1. Always surround yourself with people who make you happy and feel appreciated

 One of the reasons on why you're feeling homesick is because you're lonely deep down your heart. We're humans afterall, no matter how introverted you are, we still search for companions. These companions can be your best friend, classmate, family or even your romantic partner. 

 In my case, I didn't know that I was feeling empty and lost inside merely because I was homesick. My mind was constantly bugging me to go out of my comfort zone and find new friends ASAP. Thus, I took this chance to make friends as I am feeling motivated. If you feel this way too, I'd like to suggest for you to make an effort to approach people and befriend them. 

2. Don't be afraid to talk to strangers and get close with them

 As I grow up, my mother used to tell me that I should (as much as possible) stay away from strangers because from her perspective, they are dangerous. As a kid with full of curiosity I popped a question, asking her why. You know how Filipino moms are, they'll answer you in an ambiguous way. My mom basically told said that I'll figure it out once I get older. Now that I'm in my adolescent period, I finally found the reason why. It's all because she wants to make sure that we're safe. I just hoped that she said that advice in a specific manner with further explanations so as I'll be able to understand her side. 

 In my humble opinion, it is all right to talk with strangers but before doing so, you must first do a bit of checking. One tip is to set your standards. For instance, you might not want to talk with someone who looks pretty suspicious and mysterious at the same time. You've got to think of your safety too. Second tip is to trust your instincts. If you feel like your inner voice is telling you to go and speak to strangers, why not give it a go? Just make sure to be vigilant. :)

3. Keep yourself busy

 Now, keeping yourself busy may be a tiresome thing to do but trust me, sometimes being busy is better than doing nothing. Discover your hobbies as you search through the net! Have fun while doing so ;)

4. Always Connect To People

 To be frank with you, it was so hard for me to connect to people especially when I'm busy. *cough* *cough* (No excuses pls!) It gets to a point where that person will get disappointed of me because I don't get to chat with him/her. So my advice here is to know how to read in between the lines. Figure out on when is the best time to chat the person. Ask how he or she is doing. Doing this simple deed can make that person happy and feel appreciated. Go and show your care to the person you love while you remember him/her! Trust me, once you forget to chat the person that popped in your mind, chances are high that you'll chat him/her much later. Drop a message to that person to simply ask how he/she is doing. This simple deed will make that person happy, for sure. 

5. Spend time to get to know of yourself better

 This may sound odd but you need it if you're feeling homesick. Find peace with yourself and enjoy every second of it. Use this time to grow in mind and in soul. 

 These are my 5 tips on how you can avoid feeling homesick. Always remember that you're not the only one who's going through homesickness! You're not alone in this journey so there's no need to be a pessimist. I hope that these tips were helpful xx.

Take care,
Mata ne! 

You May Also Like

0 (mga) komento