My Current Morning Skincare Routine ✨ + Acne Story 🤷

by - 4:46 AM


 Acne BG 😒
 I've struggled with pimples ever since I was in grade school. YES, IN GRADE SCHOOL. You might wonder about why I broke out at such an early stage of my life, because honestly, with such a baby smooth skin, I didn't know at that time that I don't need any products for my skin. Unfortunately, (and not surprisingly) it was the cause of trying a skincare product without researching and scanning its ingredients. I later learned that I was allergic to it. I blame my sensitive skin. 🙄 What I also want to emphasize is that consumers should ALWAYS conduct a research before buying any skincare/beauty products. I've been a victim of my stupid mistake for countless of times and I'm also saving you from it. So, always 👏 do 👏 a 👏 research 👏!!! Oh and just in case you're wondering about the skincare product that caused my breakouts, it's actually the Clean&Clear face wash and Clean&Clear Acne Control Moisturizer. I absolutely don't recommend it. You're welcome.

 PS, I was able to cure my acne by going to several dermatologists back in the Philippines and here in Japan. So far, all the skincare products that they have recommended me worked pretty well. For my dermatologist here in Japan, he only recommended me to use Dalacin T-gel and Galderma's Differin. But since I'm a skincare enthusiast, it made me wonder (so much) on why he didn't recommend or give me any moisturizer since anti-acne products are VERY DRYING to anybody's skin. Also, it's a bummer that he didn't recommend any sunscreen that's non comedogenic. It's so kulang kulang. (It felt like something was lacking). Honestly, without a doubt, I like my last dermatologist in the Philippines better because she gave me every products that I need (from moisturizer, scar removal cream, and sunscreen) even if it's a lil pricey lol. Thus, (bec of my Japanese dermatologist) this lead to my exploration in finding the best and efficient skincare products to support the needs of my skin.

Introduction To My Skincare Routine

 It took me years to figure out on what products work best for my skin. I've been doing lots of research & try and testing for the past few years, and now that I've found the answer, I am going to share you my routine! 


 Just a friendly reminder that I have a combination type of skin. If ever you decide to try any of these products that I've mentioned, please make sure to do a research first before buying any of it. 

 PS, just so you know, I still do breakout because of different factors such as not eating healthy, red days, not exercising, and sometimes, when I try new products. It's perfectly ok to have pimples here and there because we're not perfect, after all. And that's totally fine. Sometimes, you just have to embrace it and not give a darn about it. Embrace your skin, dear! 

Morning Routine

FACE WASH


SHISEIDO: PERFECT WHIP

 This is by far, the only face wash that works wonder for my sensitive skin. I've tried the Biore and the Rosette face wash, but both of them sadly didn't work. In fact, I only broke out from it. With this Perfect Whip face wash, my skin didn't feel any tightness after washing. I've learned from beauty gurus that a face wash should not make your skin feel tight especially after washing. They say that feeling the tightness after washing is the sign of stripping nutrients from your skin after cleansing, using a wrong face wash.  Worry no more! This face wash is a gentle foam cleanser that is perfect for sensitive skin types. It contains a plant extract, namely, sericin, a scientific name for silk protein. Plus, it also keeps your moisture level on a good scale. 



TONER

SANA: TONYUU ISOFURABON TONER

 This is my holy grail when it comes to toners. Isofurabon soymilk toner is one of the famous and most hyped products here in Japan, making it the best seller. It's a toner that doesn't leave you greasy and dry, instead, it hydrates your skin because of its rich ingredients.  It contains squalene which is one of the most recommended ingredients to moisturize your skin for it is a good source of replenishing fatty acids. 


 The packaging comes in a squeezable bottle with a small hole in the lower center part. It may seem like the product isn't controllable, but honey, it's not. Thank goodness!



 Just in case you're wondering if I use my hands to apply my toner, the answer is no. I use a cotton pad that's 100% natural from Cosmos. I recommend it because it's cheap and it does its work!

ACNE CARE


DALACIN T-GEL

 This is one of the anti-acne products that I use directly to my pimples. It has clindamycin which is an antibacterial ingredient, commonly used to treat infections in acne. It's not a holy grail product, but it works well especially for pimples that are red and big. It soothes it down the next day, however, I can't assure you that it will magically remove your pimples in a snap.

SUNSCREEN 

SKIN AQUA: UV SUPER MOISTURE ESSENCE

This is a moisturizing sunscreen in SPF 50 PA++++. It is an 80 g product that has long-lasting UV protection in a lightweight formula. It can be used for both face and body. I also recommend this for the base in makeup!


LIP BALM


 This is one of my holy grail lip balm that I own, aside from the di Paloma ones. Like what is says on the label, it sticks to what it is. It is deeply moisturizing and has a nice honey scent at the same time. It doesn't leave any weird white cast on your lips, making your true lip color pop. 

Hope you enjoyed this blogpost! I'll be posting my night time skincare routine by tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Take care,
Mata ne!






You May Also Like

0 (mga) komento