Yuri's Tip In Traveling! ✈️

by - 7:31 AM


 If I could be blessed with any super power, I would baldly choose being able to travel anywhere within seconds. From as long as I can remember, I have been traveling ever since I was a baby. Being a biracial, I had to go back and forth from Japan to the Philippines. (How stressful and handful it must be for my mom to handle me and my twin brother hehe 😅 Shoutout to my mom up there 👆 with papa God for being so patient and very loving). In fact, because of traveling countless times, I remember owning a mileage JAL membership card as young as I am. And I am so grateful because I know that not everyone gets to travel around the world. In fact, it's a privilege to be able to have the time and money to explore and wander to places that I've been meaning to visit in the longest time. Now before this intro gets any longer, I'd like to introduce my personal useful tips when it comes to traveling!

Let's start!

Tip #1: Blend in with the locals by trying their traditional foods. (Or foods that they totes recommend!) 😋 PS, don't be afraid to try the bizarre ones!

England, UK

Fujian, China

 It's always been such a great pleasure to try foods and drinks that I usually don't get to eat/drink back in the Philippines or here in Japan. But living here in Japan makes me miss the authentic foods in the PH! 😢 OK! Back to the topic! As you can see from the pictures above, I've attempted to order a food and a drink that I don't normally (within reach) have in the country that I'm currently living in. It's always nice and exciting to try and explore foods from different countries, so make sure to give it a go! 

Fujian, China

Fujian, China


During our exchange student experience in China, me, my classmates, and my friends had a chance to make dumplings all from scratch. It was such a refreshing experience, because I never had the opportunity to cook dumplings back in the PH (let alone make it from scratch). There came a small issue on which we ran out of dumpling wrappers, but this was quickly solved because I volunteered to make them even if I have never made one. I honestly don't know on why I even dared myself, but one things for sure, my friends even preferred the dumplings that's covered with the wrapper that I made myself. What a surprise and a relief at the same time lol. 😂


Also, don't be afraid to cook outside your homeland because you'll be surprised on how it'll taste the moment that you take a bite of the food that you've cooked. From my experience, I personally like the fresh asparagus and sweet cherry tomatoes in the UK than in Japan. I was also astonished by the fact that I can cook only if I try to. 

 Fujian, China

England, UK

Whitby, UK

 England, UK

Edinburgh, Scotland

#2 Opt to walk or bike (if you won't be going to places that are distant)


 I know that it might be bothersome for some of you to walk or even to bike during travels, but girl, I assure you that you'll get to appreciate the place you're visiting, especially if you take a moment to look at it with your eyes wide open, feel the nature, listen to it, and realize the beauty of that place. 


 For visiting Japan, if you happen to be traveling somewhere far, I totally recommend riding a shinkansen or a bullet train rather than riding a plane. It will cost you a lot more to ride a train, but you won't regret it, I promise! You'll get to have more leg room and it's just overall chill! Plus, train stations are less hectic than cramped airports. 😜

#3 Stay away from overhyped tourist spots and explore the places where locals usually flock!


 This is an area where my dad regularly goes to back in his junior hs days. It was compelling to see places that my dad treasured for years, filled with plenty treasured memories. I, sometimes, find it enigmatic on why tourists come to areas that are so jam-packed. 

 Always ask your friends or acquaintances who are locals in the place that you're visiting, so as you can make use of your time wisely. And for sure, they know it best! 😁




ps, miss you my girls! If you're reading this, I just want you to know that ilysm! ❤️

Take care, 
Mata ne!



You May Also Like

0 (mga) komento